Monday, August 2, 2010

Nikon Envy

I love taking pictures.

Through the lens of my camera, I’m forced to live in the moment in order to capture it.

My closet shelves are packed with rows of photo albums and stacks of prints, all documenting three decades of camera use – from old school Polaroids to random Canons to my first “real” camera, a Canon SLR Rebel EOS 35mm (which was amazing!), to my first pocket-sized digital.

Want to know a secret?

I have Nikon envy.

Well, I should say I had Nikon envy. Even while I had other great cameras, I really, really wanted a Nikon. Until - after a very Happy Mother’s Day gift from my wonderful, generous husband - I finally have a Nikon to call my own.

*content sigh*

It’s as good as I imagined.

I realize that a camera alone does not a photographer make, but having a digital Nikon SLR camera certainly helps to make my photos look more professional (and compensates for my lack of talent).

I can’t contain my Nikon excitement!

So, every now and then, to share my excitement, I’m going to post a photo I took with my Nikon to demonstrate why (if you don’t have a Nikon already) you should have Nikon envy…

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Nikons scare me. I have one, but it's too fancy to take anywhere.

Kristen said...

I still have a lot to learn! This Nikon can do so many things, but - yes - it's a little intimidating for sure!

Adam Lowe Martin said...

Now you've got to get all those old photos digitized. They will be safer, they won't age, and they'll be truly organized. And you will be able to use them on your blog! You'll be glad you did.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.