Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Barefooting

Sometimes we just need to kick off our shoes. We need a rest, sand between our toes, and time. We need to go barefooting.

I didn’t pay attention to the joy of barefooting until a few weekends ago when it warmed up enough for us to walk barefoot on the beach. My two-year-old daughter exclaimed, “I love barefooting!” And her words stuck with me.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that barefooting has a much broader purpose. It isn’t limited to a beach. One can go barefooting on a fluffy carpet, on a sun-soaked sidewalk, in cool blades of grass. Barefooting eases stress, frees up the mind for inspiration, and pulls us into the present moment of feeling the world with our feet.

Our soles soothe our souls.

Go barefooting!

1 comment:

gray said...

kiwi's have been doing this for years, much to the shock of foreigners hehe...epecially in shops haha!

gray

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.