Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Teething Bites

Taylor made it clear to me Tuesday that she is teething. Unfortunately, I was driving on the interstate to Columbia when she began to react to the pain in her gums by crying in fits of distress for nearly an hour. That, my friends, was miserable. Also, for most of the day she clung to me and greeted everyone else with a square-mouth whine. And to top it all off, she screamed for the first forty-five minutes of the drive home. Nothing would console her, not even my effort to reach into the backseat (while driving) to offer her a knuckle. But I can't blame her. She dislikes teething as much as I do. I dread what this new teething phase will do to her sleep. Speaking of sleep, I need some after being confined for hours in a moving vehicle with drooling-baby-scream-a-lot...

2 comments:

Graybay said...

I guess we have that coming to eh? Gray

Joshua said...

Ours hardly even squeaked for the first seven teeth. Just an exponential drooling increase: 'wet snapsuit at night, dentist's delight.'

This one she's working on now -- a molar, we think -- has brought a little fussing, but now even that seems to be subsiding. She's just really good-natured. Or tough as nails. Or lacks nerve endings in her mouth. It's a toss-up at this point.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.