Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Peanuts and Applesauce

That's all we had in the house for lunch today - peanuts and applesauce. Hardly a meal. I've managed to make it about ten days without going to the grocery store. I dislike going to the grocery store, but it really is the idea of going and the actual gettin' going that stops me. Once I get there, I'm fine. Suffice it to say that the cupboards around here were quite bare. Tap water was the only thing to drink. It was time to make the trek to the grocery store. Still, I put it off until the very end of the day - around 6:30 p.m. - while my parents were here to babysit Taylor and hubby was on his way home from work. I went. I shopped. I survived. And now we have a wider selection of food to eat for the rest of the week. Even better, I don't have to go to the store again for at least another seven (maybe ten) days...

2 comments:

Joshua said...

You probably had some extra baby formula around, too.

Hey, I'm not saying it would taste good or that you should feel encouraged to guzzle a glass, but in an emergency -- like a major hurricane, or a day when you just reaaaaaaally can't be bothered to head to market -- there's more nutrition to be had than just water.

Be sure to thank Taylor when you stea... er, borrow from her.

Graybay said...

Kristen, I am just the same. Now that I'm the house hubby, that's one of my jobs. Now, i don't mind going to the supermarket, but i like too see how long i can go without visiting the store and also to see how low i can get our food storage hahaha! it drive Jenn nuts, but it sounds like i haven't gone as far as you yet hahaha!
Gray

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.