Monday, July 28, 2008

Chai There!

I'm posting from the local Starbucks with Taylor napping joey-style in the Baby Bjorn. Just finished my iced venti nonfat light ice chai (quite a mouthful to order, but oooh so yummy). Baby and I didn't get out of the house until 4 p.m. today. Some days are like that. Yesterday Taylor turned six months old. Today she swung in the solarium for about an hour, then fussed and didn't eat all of her rice cereal. I took an afternoon shower while Pete was still home and then ditched the errands I planned to run in order to make some time to hang at Sbux. Tomorrow is our weekly venture to Columbia, SC to spend the day with my mom and dad. Taylor and I take off around noon each Tuesday to make the hour and a half drive south on I-77. Gigi, Big Dale, and Baba Ieko missed seeing us last week. I had a couple meetings like bookends in the day and a trip to Columbia wouldn't fit in between. What did I drink before there was chai? What is your favorite daily drink?

3 comments:

Joshua said...

My favorite drink at Starbucks USED to be an iced venti nonfat 12- or 15-pump chai. "Normal" is apparently something like four pumps.

I started figuring, "hey, you know, maybe I have a problem" when I'd go into an undiscovered Starbucks for the first time and the barista greeted my order with a look of reverent awe and comments like, "OH! You're THAT guy! We've heard of you!"

It didn't taste problematic, though ... it tasted like delicious victory.

Kristen said...

THAT is not a problem, that is BRILLIANT! I want to be THAT girl! I'm trying it tomorrow...

Joshua said...

You may have to add "... no-water ..." as a final modification before the "chai" part of the order.

Most of the time they just figure it out on their own. But every now and then you get some greenhorn slinking over with a question like, "Do you want any water in that? We usually, er, but, 'cause, um, with all that chai, there really isn't any room ...."

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.