Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mid-Novelmber

I'm still in the middle of my novel in the middle of November. November is National Novel Writing Month (in case you didn't know), so I hope to do lots of writing this month in hot pursuit of my goal to finish my first draft by the new year. Being in the middle is tough. Although I can see the progess I've made to this point, I don't know exactly how far I have to go to reach the finish line. My novel keeps expanding along the way, but I guess this is one of those times when more is more. Better to have to cut back than add on during the editing process. I hope to have a productive Novelmber!

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Hannah Green: “Grady, you know how in class you're always telling us that writers make choices?”

Grady Tripp: “Yeah.”

Hannah Green: “And even though you're book is really beautiful, I mean, amazingly beautiful, it's ... it's at times ... it's ... very detailed. You know, with the genealogies of everyone's horses, and the dental records, and so on. And ... I could be wrong, but it sort of reads in places like you didn't make any choices.”

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.